------ 3.9.2000 ------


When Rolf saw this Coupe parked in the paddock
he fell in love with it. It's a coupe from 1960.Little
rust and the engine is still turning. Interior is fine. Overall
quite an easy restoration
Isn't she beautiful ?



Well after dismantling all body panels I found so much rust that I even considered to look for another body. But after

revisiting the body it was not too bad and booked myself into a welding & panel beating course and started welding .... ..... every weekend for 6 months.

Here are the results:



Before Location After
Driver's Floor
Driver's Sill
Passenger's Floor
Passenger's side (back)
Driver's side (back)



Finally I can start restoring the mechanical parts and after 6 months of welding I indeed enjoy it very much.


Before   After
Backend_1.jpg (69259 bytes) The Backend Backend_3.jpg (175114 bytes)
Backend_2.jpg (70208 bytes)   Backend_4.jpg (62718 bytes)


Now the engine and the front end needs restoring. See how long this takes ?


Before   After
The Engine
The Front End Not available yet !


My first sample piece with a metallic colour, which is not the final colour yet

Before   After
Before_Bonnet.jpg (53792 bytes) Bonnet After_Bonnet.jpg (58642 bytes)

------ 21.11.2008 ------

After three years of restoration I'm so close of finishing the car (Ha ha took me only another 7 years). Rob & Roy from Balranald Panels - NSW finished the rest of the body work as well as the paint job. Only the mechanics need to go back into the car and then I should be able to take the car for a drive. I already get excited about it 


Here are some pictures of Rob & Roy's fantastic work.

Work5.jpg - 29.36 Kb

The roof certainly needs some work.

Someone must have been jumping on it,                      

Work6.jpg - 39.19 Kb
Work3.jpg - 31.11 Kb   Work4.jpg - 41.76 Kb
Work1.jpg - 43.98 Kb Working hard over the xmas and new years break Work2.jpg - 44.41 Kb
Roof1.jpg - 34.50 Kb

I couldn't believed my eyes when

they sent me the first pictures showing the

roof of the car

Roof2.jpg - 32.11 Kb
Door.jpg - 28.31 Kb The door looks excellent as well. EngineBay.jpg - 47.75 Kb
Departue2.JPG - 46.99 Kb

After a couple of months working daily on

it I was able to pick the car up. I was like a kid

in a candy shop. They have done a fantastic job and

I was very impressed with they quality of work

Departure.JPG - 45.41 Kb
Fron2.JPG - 50.73 Kb Back at home I started to put the crome part back on the car Front.JPG - 47.25 Kb
Side.JPG - 49.60 Kb as well as a new roof lining and the reconditioned seats Inside1.JPG - 47.25 Kb
Inside2.JPG - 41.47 Kb   Back.JPG - 41.81 Kb
Back2.JPG - 39.93 Kb It does start looking like a car again.  

For more pictures please click here


------ 10.01.2014 ------

 The final stage of the restoration just has started. I moved the car to a friend's place where we finished the mechanics of this car




 The engine still needed cleaning up and restoring. Once done we just had to lift it into the engine bay. Took us a few hours with medium level of cursing





Here is video that shows the first start of the engine. It hasn't been started since 35 years. Sounds very good. Got lucky with the engine



 ------ 1.03.2014 ------

 The breaks, the floor and the wheels needed finishing off.




 Brand new frontscreen was fitted.


and finally the wheels were aligned and a brand new exhaust system attached.






------ 01.05.14 ------


Now after 14 years I finally finished the restoration. It took a while and it was a long journey and I learned a lot like welding etc but all worth it. 


2014-12-18 10.59.53


2014-12-18 11.00.01